Our dental team is happy to provide routine care, cosmetic dental services, and restorative dentistry to patients in the Hyde Park community. We welcome our patients to learn what to expect at their first office visit, types of dental cleanings, and other patient information for our Tampa, FL office. Patient education is an important part of dental care. Knowing how to treat dental problems at home and in our office prevents the chance of developing oral health problems in the future.
What To Expect at Your First Appointment
We are always excited to meet new patients! Our doctor will work with you to develop a comprehensive treatment plan to help you maintain or achieve a healthy smile. Please feel free to call and ask any questions before you come into the practice.
For your comfort, we have:
- A complimentary beverage station
- Spectrum cable television in the waiting room and each exam room
- Warm face towels for after your treatment
- Fresh blankets
- Emotional Support Animals – Dr. Ransohoff’s dogs, Bella and Louie
When you come in for your initial visit, please be sure to bring your dental insurance card and arrive at least 10 minutes early.
We are a “paperless” practice. Your paperwork will be sent via email or text when your appointment is scheduled. Please fill it out before you arrive for your appointment. If you are moving into the area, please ask your former dentist to send a copy of your records, including your most recent x-rays (Full Mouth Series, Panoramic, and/or Bitewings)
Please bring a list of the medications you take with you to the office. If you need antibiotics prior to dental work, please take them as prescribed. Please contact your physician before your first visit if you are unsure if you need antibiotics.
Whether you need a cleaning, a filling, or a brand-new smile, we are here to help. Whitening may be a great option if you have a special occasion or want to brighten your smile. Great dental care doesn’t just make for a fantastic smile, it also helps promote overall health and wellness. We want you to be confident to share your smile with the world!
Explore our website for more information:
Types of Dental Cleanings
- Prophylaxis: The removal of plaque, calculus, and stains from the tooth structures in the permanent and transitional dentition.
- Scaling in the Presence of Generalized Moderate or Severe Gingival Inflammation: The removal of plaque, calculus, and stains from above and below the gumline when there is generalized moderate or severe gingival inflammation in the absence of periodontitis (bone loss).
- Scaling and Root Planing: The instrumentation of the crown and root surfaces of the teeth to remove plaque and calculus from these surfaces. It is indicated for patients with periodontal disease and is therapeutic, not prophylactic (preventative), in nature.
Surface Stain Removal
No more gritty toothpaste! The Cavitron ProphyJet replaces the traditional “cut and paste” method. It is less abrasive and uses baking soda to remove surface stains from the teeth.
Addressing Bad Breath
We offer oral health counseling if you have problems with halitosis or bad breath. Chronic halitosis can have many causes, from taking certain medications to oral hygiene routines.
Contact Our Tampa Office
We are proud to serve patients from Tampa and the Hyde Park community. Call to schedule your next dental appointment at 813-733-6981 or request a consultation online.