Waterlase dentistry is one of the most advanced dental treatments available to dentists today. Waterlase uses a patented technology that combines focused light energy with a stream of water for a highly precise, exceptionally gentle dental experience. Waterlase allows your dentist to perform a wide range of procedures with benefits including:
- Less pain and faster healing time, with less trauma to teeth and gums
- Less usage of anesthetic for most procedures
- Treatment of more than one part of the mouth in one visit, eliminating referrals and specialist visits in many cases.
- Making dental care a more relaxing experience for you!
The Benefits of Waterlase Dentistry
Waterlase Laser dentistry uses laser energy combined with a cool spray of water to perform a wide range of dental procedures without the heat, vibration, and pressure associated with the dental drill. With many procedures, it’s possible to use less anesthetic, or no anesthetic at all. Many patients report only feeling a cooling sensation from the water spray!
With Waterlase Laser Dentistry, dental visits can often be shorter, and more can be completed in a single visit. When procedures can be done without anesthesia, you save time. When procedures can be completed faster, your Waterlase Dentist can complete more in the same scheduled visit and save you the time of running around to various specialists. Diagnosis, and treatment- in the same day!
A Waterlase Dentist can remove decay far more precisely than the drill. This saves more of the healthy parts of your tooth and avoids micro-fracturing damage that might occur with drilling in traditional methods.
What Can Waterlase Dentistry Do?
Waterlase Dentistry may be used to treat your gums or other soft and hard tissue in your mouth to:
IMPROVE YOUR SMILE
We may suggest contouring or shaping your gums using Waterlase Dentistry to improve the appearance of your smile – safely removing excess gum tissue that may give you a “gummy” smile, or make your front teeth appear irregular in size or shape.
REMOVE ORAL GROWTHS
Quickly and safely remove growths or excess tissue in your mouth including gum tissue over an unerupted tooth, small “tags” called papilla, and growths called fibromas.
FIX A “TONGUE TIE” OR PREVENT GUM RECESSION
Connections that restrict the movement of your tongue or cause your gums to recede can be “released” with less post-operative pain. This can even assist with speech impediments resulting from tongue ties, and latching problems for babies!
Waterlase Dentistry helps treat cavities without the heat, vibration, and pressure associated with a dental drill. It removes decay, reduces bacteria at the cavity site, and is usually performed in less time due to the reduction or elimination of anesthetic in some cases.
TREAT PERIODONTAL DISEASE
Waterlase Dentistry removes debris and bacteria between your teeth and gums that can cause bleeding gums, gum recession, and even loss of teeth. For moderate to severe gum disease, ask your doctor about REPAIR™ minimally invasive periodontal treatment.
Laser dentistry is used in:
- Making other dental procedures comfortable and efficient
- Detecting cavity in the early stages of tooth decay
- Preparing damaged teeth for receiving a dental filling
- Treating hypersensitivity by sealing tubules present on the roots of teeth
- Removing extra gum tissue for crown lengthening
- Treating tongue frenulum attachment with a laser frenectomy
- Removing soft tissue folds from dentures that don't fit well
- Viewing inside a tooth or gum tissue with ease and comfort
- Removing benign tumors from the oral cavity
- Treating sleep apnea by reshaping the throat tissues to relieve breathing issues
- Treating TMJ disorders
- Regenerating damaged nerves and blood vessels
- Treating cold sores to minimize pain
- Whitening teeth by catalyzing the stain-breaking process
Biolase laser is an advanced dental laser used for soft tissue and dental hygiene procedures. Its state-of-the-art technology provides maximum performance and drastically reduces chair time. The minimally invasive technique ensures less swelling, bruising, bleeding and faster procedure time than open flap techniques. Biolase laser used for a versatile range of procedures like:
- Restorative dentistry
- Crown and veneer removal
- Smile design
- Surgical design procedures
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental implant placement
What are the benefits of a Biolase laser?
Some of the most prominent benefits of Biolase laser over traditional dentistry are:
- It causes minimal or no pain.
- It uses state-of-the-art technology, which is precise and accurate. The narrow laser beam targets only the damaged tissues and does not harm the surrounding healthy tissues.
- The procedures cause minimal bleeding and swelling. Also, the laser seals off the blood vessels and stops the bleeding easily.
- Biolase treatment sterilizes the treated area to kill bacteria and prevents future infestation.
Historic Hyde Park Dentistry has been transforming smiles for Decades. Dr. Lori and her team use state-of-the-art technology to correct dental problems and reconstruct maligned teeth to provide aesthetic and healthy smiles. For inquiries & appointments, please reach out to us at (813) 253-3041. You can also visit our office at 612 West De Leon Street, in Tampa, FL 33606.