Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure used to remove stains and discoloration from the surface of the teeth. It treats teeth that have become yellow or brown due to any of the following reasons:
- Advancing age
- Consumption of stain-causing foods and beverages like coffee
- Inefficient dental cleaning that leads to accumulation of plaque
- Dental trauma and more
What is the procedure for teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening, like any other dental procedure, is carried out in a dentist's office.
The teeth are cleaned and thoroughly to remove plaque and food particles.
A whitening gel is applied on the visible surface of the teeth and a special blue light is used to catalyze the stain-breaking process.
The process is repeated several times in a time period of sixty to 90 minutes. Then, the gel is removed to reveal a lustrous and dazzling smile.
What are the benefits of teeth whitening?
The benefits of teeth whitening are as follows:
- Teeth whitening makes the teeth look lustrous, glossy, and improves the aesthetic appeal of the smile.
- It also restores the confidence of patients who otherwise feel conscious while smiling in social gatherings.
- As the teeth whitening procedure is always preceded by a thorough dental cleaning, it makes the oral cavity clean and healthy.
- Removal of stains from the surface of teeth makes the teeth and gums healthy.
Historic Hyde Park Dentistry has been transforming smiles for Decades. Dr. Lori, along with her team, uses state-of-the-art technology to dental problems and reconstruct malaligned teeth to provide aesthetic and healthy smiles. For inquiries & appointments, please reach out to us at 813-253-3041. You can also visit our office at 612 West De Leon Street, in Tampa, FL 33606.