Dentures are the most commonly used dental restoration for replacing missing teeth. They consist of artificial teeth attached to a pink base. The artificial teeth mimic the natural teeth, while the pink base mimics the gum tissues. Dentures are custom-designed for each patient to fit snugly over the gum line. They can be used to replace a few or all the teeth on a dental arch. Based on this there are two types of dentures:
- Full Dentures
- Partial Dentures
What are partial dentures?
Partial dentures are used when not all but a few teeth on any dental arch need replacement. They consist of artificial teeth attached to a pink-colored base. The backs of the dentures are connected to metal frameworks that are attached to the neighboring teeth and keep the dentures in place.
What are the benefits of partial dentures?
Some of the most prominent benefits of partial dentures are:
- Partial dentures are strong and can easily withstand the biting and chewing forces.
- They are removable in nature and can be easily maintained.
- Partial dentures prevent the underlying bone from dissolving and keep them sturdy.
- They restore a patient's confidence and self-esteem by filling in the unsightly gaps left by tooth loss.
- As the gaps left by missing teeth are filled, the patient's chewing ability improves.
- Partial dentures also correct the lisp in a patient's speech and improve their pronunciation.
- They are the most cost-effective and the most affordable when it comes to replacing missing teeth.
- The placement of partial dentures is easy, non-invasive, and non-surgical.
Historic Hyde Park Dentistry has been transforming smiles for Decades. Dr. Lori, along with her team, uses state-of-the-art technology to dental problems and reconstruct malaligned teeth to provide aesthetic and healthy smiles. For inquiries & appointments, please reach out to us at 813-253-3041. You can also visit our office at 612 West De Leon Street, in Tampa, FL 33606.