Dental implant restorations are used to replace missing teeth to restore functionality to the mouth and prevent occlusion or periodontal problems. They are titanium screws that are surgically placed below the gum line into a hole drilled in the underlying bone. These titanium screws act as false tooth roots that are then connected to a dental crown or bridge to replace the visible portion of the missing teeth.
After the surgical site has healed completely, an abutment is connected to the dental implant. A custom-designed crown or bridge is then connected to the abutment to replace the visible portion of the tooth.
What are the benefits of dental implant restorations?
Dental implant restorations are considered to provide the best treatment for missing teeth. Some of the more prominent benefits of dental implant restorations are:
- Dental implant restorations replace both the root and the visible portion of the tooth.
- Due to osseointegration, dental implant restorations act as a strong anchor for any dental restoration. The dental restoration does not move while talking or chewing.
- They help in filling the gaps left by missing teeth make the smile look symmetric and beautiful.
- Dental implant restorations also restore facial contour by providing strong anchoring.
- They provide a durable solution for missing teeth and are extremely long-lasting.
Historic Hyde Park Dentistry has been transforming smiles for Decades. Dr. Lori, along with her team, uses state-of-the-art technology to correct dental problems and reconstruct malaligned teeth to provide aesthetic and healthy smiles. For inquiries & appointments, please reach out to us at 813-253-3041. You can also visit our office at 612 West De Leon Street, in Tampa, FL 33606.