Dental bridges are used to replace a missing tooth or multiple teeth to restore the health and aesthetic appeal of the oral cavity. They consist of artificial teeth connected to dental crowns on both or one side. The artificial teeth fill the gaps left by missing teeth and the crowns are cemented on to the teeth present on either side of the gap. There are four types of dental bridges:
- Traditional Dental Bridges
- Cantilever Dental Bridges
- Maryland Dental Bridges
- Implant-Supported Dental Bridges
How are dental bridges placed?
The placement of a dental bridge is minimally invasive and is performed under local anesthesia. First, the neighboring or abutment teeth are drilled to create room for the crowns. Then, impressions of the newly shaped teeth are taken to custom design a dental bridge through CAD/CAM technology. Finally, the bridge is installed in place by cementing the crowns on the contoured teeth so that the artificial teeth can fill the gap.
What are the benefits of dental bridges?
Some of the benefits of dental bridges are:
- Replace missing teeth to restore oral health and cosmetic appeal.
- Restore the shape of the facial contour and make a patient look young.
- Restore the chewing ability of a patient, enabling them to enjoy all kinds of foods.
- Missing teeth, often create a lisp in speech. Dental bridges replace the missing teeth and remove the lisp.
- Enable a patient to smile and talk confidently in social gatherings.
- Prevent orthodontic issues by stopping the neighboring teeth from drifting into the gaps left by missing teeth.
Historic Hyde Park Dentistry has been transforming smiles for Decades. Dr. Lori, along with her team, uses state-of-the-art technology to dental problems and reconstruct malaligned teeth to provide aesthetic and healthy smiles. For inquiries & appointments, please reach out to us at 813-253-3041. You can also visit our office at 612 West De Leon Street, in Tampa, FL 33606.