CEREC or Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics has revolutionized the design and placement of dental crowns. To understand CEREC crowns it is essential to understand what a dental crown is.
What is a dental crown?
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped dental prosthetics that are mounted over damaged teeth to restore their natural shape, size, color, and function. They are used to:
- Protect damaged teeth from breaking.
- Fix broken, fractured, and cracked teeth.
- Cover teeth that have lost their structure to decay.
- Restoring the color of stained and discolored teeth.
Traditional dental crowns require two appointments over a period of 3 weeks with the dentist to get installed in place. The process is quite long and cumbersome.
What are CEREC crowns?
CEREC or same-day crowns use a trailblazing CAD/CAM technology along with an advanced milling machine to complete the crown-placement procedure in sixty to ninety minutes. The usage of state-of-the-art technology allows the dentist to fabricate crowns with great precision and less time.
What are the benefits of CEREC crowns over traditional crowns?
- CEREC crowns are crafted using advanced technology which enables the dentist to create crowns with great precision and care.
- They are more natural-looking and easily blend in with the neighboring teeth.
- The material with which they are made does not irritate the gums and rests comfortably in the mouth.
- CEREC crowns look and function like natural teeth.
Historic Hyde Park Dentistry has been transforming smiles for Decades. Dr. Lori, along with her team, uses state-of-the-art technology to dental problems and reconstruct malaligned teeth to provide aesthetic and healthy smiles. For inquiries & appointments, please reach out to us at 813-253-3041. You can also visit our office at 612 West De Leon Street, in Tampa, FL 33606.